- “Maybe this is why we fill our lives with the constant drivel of entertainment in our culture, and in the church. We are afraid that if we stop and really look at God in his word, we might discover that He evokes greater awe and demands deeper worship than we are ready to give Him.” David Platt from the book Radical. I think this is very true, what about you?
- Today was a hard day, let’s be honest we all have them. If we praise Him on a good day, we must praise Him on a bad one. See, we are not instructed to praise God for what He does (similar to how you don’t love your child for what they do). Rather we praise Him because of this: we were created to worship Him, there is nothing else worthy to praise, and because we were given a salvation that we did not/could not earn. Praise be to You mighty, wonderful God.
- “Bad thoughts come on their own, good thoughts you have to choose.” James MacDonald
- “Cultural Christianity: to follow the God we want, instead of the God He is.” Bob Clark
- God is here for you, not just when things are good, but always. Being angry with God for not taking care of your pain or handling your situation, without us going to him; is as foolish as suing a hospital, that you never went to, for not setting your broken leg.
Furthermore, the way to renew ourselves through our pain is God’s way. Going to God, ignoring His will, and then being upset when we are not made whole is ludicrous. Do we blame a financial advisor that we ignored for our money trouble? Of course not!
How much more wisdom does God posses than us? It’s an easy answer. He has all the wisdom. His way is right and true and He wants to share that with us. Go to Him in honesty and humility!
- Part time Christianity…isn’t.
- Looking at posts in Facebook it’s a good thing that Jesus said “those who love me obey my commands,except on holidays or when they feel like it”.
Wait a minute, that’s not how John 14:21-23 go. I am going to do the uncool thing and urge discipline today. If you have committed to Christ, you are in His kingdom; and are subject to God’s commands not your feelings. We cannot casually dismiss the scriptures and obedience to them without a price. Praying for many people today.
- God does so much for us and we so often act like He was created for our happiness. We were created by Him to worship Him and bring Glory to His name.
- Augustine-“you are a creature, acknowledge the creator; you are a slave, do not this disdain the Master.”
- Is Jesus Christ enough for you? It s not enough to just answer “yes” and go on living like He is not. We must say “yes” with our decisions to turn more and more away from the world and to God.
- Perception may be reality, but it doesn’t make it true. It also doesn’t mean others have to be deceived as well