- My daughter and her friend were singing along to music the other day, I came into the room during a worship song and found this: Proverbs 22:6 direct your children on the right path…
- “Do as I say, not as I do” is completely and utterly an unchristian phrase. If you practice this, you are in direct opposition to Christ’s teaching and instructions. Repent from this (as we have all had to do) and lead by example!
Reasons we need to study our bibles #1 (in no particular order)
- Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV).
We who are followers of God must realize the truth of this scripture! We, who boldly proclaim to be Christian yet act as if we have no master, are foolish!
- “The kingdom of God demands a person’s first allegiance.” -allistair begg
- Christianity’s object is not you or me. Despite what is taught most often today. Christianity’s object is ^ Him ^
- God cares enough about you to save you. Understanding how gracious that is, shouldn’t we long to have others meet Him as well?
- Taking scripture out of context has to stop. When you read scripture I encourage to not just read one verse and then determine its meaning, but seek to really study it and fully understand. So much controversy could be avoided if we would do this one thing!
- This needs to be said for so many reasons: You aren’t supposed to have kids for the attention it gets you and you aren’t supposed to have kids so other people (who have no idea) can tell you that you are a good parent. Children aren’t a new purse (or new trophy for guys) that you can show off while pregnant and newborn.
They grow up and require 18 years of hard work, prayer, discipline, encouragement, money, time, and much more; just to get them started.
You aren’t supposed to have children to give your life purpose and blessing, you have children to help them find their purpose and bless them. Really folks, I am far from perfect and barely adequate, but just posting pictures and saying you are a good parent does not make it true. -end rant.
I want to add a link to a brief blog I have written on this and i want to point out these two bible verses: Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. This is good advice for anyone, but if you are a believer, they are commands from your King. Ignore them and not only will it ultimately lead to unhappiness in this world, but you will have to answer for disobeying the Lord our God.